Changing a Vault from within a passwords detail pane

Thorgrim
Thorgrim
Community Member

I really like the changes with version 7 but one thing keeps driving me a bit crazy.

The fact that which vault a password is in shows in the details pane is a nice but I keep finding my self trying to click on the old vault and expecting a popup to show other vaults I could move it too.

It's probably an indication that I have been creating a ton of "family" passwords lately and my default vault is a personal one. When creating a new password I don't think of changing the vault first and just hit the "+" button. After creating a password, I then have to select the search field and find the password that is already showing in the pane on the left. Then I can change the vault. It seems like a lot of GUI friction.

Is there a better way of doing this that I am not seeing?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hi @Thorgrim ,

You can move an item to another vault in a few ways:
    1. Select the item in the list, right-click, choose "Move to Vault > vault name"
    2. Select the item in the list, choose "Move to Vault > vault name" from the Item menu.
    3. Drag the item from the list to the vault in the sidebar. If the vault list is closed, drag it to the vault list selector in the upper left corner, pause and wait for the list to open, and then drag it to the destination vault.
    4. Edit the item, then you can use the Vault name popup to change vaults, and Save.

I hope one of those helps.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Thorgrim
    Thorgrim
    Community Member

Ah ha! It's number 4 I need. I can then change the vault while in edit mode and then save. Easy!

Thanks!

• Thorgrim
    Thorgrim
    Community Member

Ah ha! It's number 4 I need. I can then change the vault while in edit mode and then save. Easy!

Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Thorgrim - on behalf of ag_kevin, you're quite welcome. Glad he was able to assist you! :)

This discussion has been closed.