THERE'S STUFF ON MY VERSION 6 THAT'S NO LONGER SHOWING UP ON THE VERSION 7.

PILATE
PILATE
Community Member

I'VE BECOME INCREASINLY DISGUSTED WITH THIS APPLICATION. I RESENT THE AMOUNT OF TIME I HAVE TO SPEND TRYING TO UNDERSTAND HOW TO USE IT. I'VE INFORMATION THAT REMAINS ON THE VERSION 6 THAT HASN'T OR WILL NOT TRANSFER. THERE ARE DIFFERNT NAMES ON THE VAULTS AND THERE'S NO COHERENCE WITH THE ICLOUD.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:THERE'S STUFF ON MY VERSION 6 THAT'S NO LONGER SHOWING UP ON THE VERSION 7.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@PILATE - I'm sorry for the trouble! For one thing, you should definitely not be using two different versions (6 and 7) of 1Password on the same device simultaneously. That may be part of the issue right there (though it's hard to say without a closer look). 1Password by definition isn't the simplest-to-use app in most people's Applications folders, but we do try to make it as easy to understand/use as possible. However, if things go off the rails - or are seeming to - we're here to help. To get a better idea of what might be where, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#XHT-31979-993]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @PILATE only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: XHT-31979-993

• PILATE
    PILATE
    Community Member

Okay, thanks for your help. I can't get to that today but certainly by Monday.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@PILATE - sounds good. :)

• PILATE
    PILATE
    Community Member

Here it is, or rather I've done the report and sent it in.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed. I've been reviewing it, and generally "cracks" are bad news — not only for us, due to, yknow, not getting paid for our work, but also for users since that stuff often has, at best, unexpected consequences, and at worst, malware. Anyway, happy to help you get setup with a 1Password.com membership and clean up your mess so you don't encounter complications in the future — you just sign into your account on each device and always get the latest version. I'll get back to you via email shortly, and we'll continue the conversation there to go into the specifics.

This discussion has been closed.