1Password Updater failure

jmb679
jmb679
Community Member

re: 1Password 7 . . .see screen shot. Installed Mohave recently on my MacBook Pro.

1Password Version: 1PW7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX Mohave
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• pmmueller
    pmmueller
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem with the error message in German. After checking for an update within 1Password successfully (Congrats. Latest version etc.), the updater stays in the dock. When I click it, it gives the above error message.

The problem is also described in https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/58817/updater-not-working, but re-installing 1Password as described there did not solve the problem.

• Hi @pmmueller ,

Just to understand a little better, when you get the "Congrats, you have the latest version…" alert, do you dismiss it and the icon is still in the Dock after dismissing? Or are you clicking on the dock icon while the "Congrats" alert is still on the screen?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• pmmueller
    pmmueller
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

The "Congrats, you have the latest version…" is dismissed, but the 1PW-Updater icon refuses to disappear and just linges on in the dock.

On click it then states that the update failed (see message above) whereas the update check itself had been successful.

So I guess that if the developers could persuade the icon to disappear after the "Congrats"-message is dismissed, everything would be fine :-)

• pmmueller
    pmmueller
    Community Member

Maybe this helps: I just realized that the icon is in the section for "last started apps whose icon is not in the dock anyway".

But it would not really be necessary for the icon to appear there and second there shouldn't be an error message on click.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@pmmueller - indeed, that will be the issue -- this section is new in Mojave, and if you've recently updated 1Password 7 for Mac, two things will happen: first, the updater (which is a separate utility app) will appear in that "recently used" section for a while, and second, if you click it, you will get a failure because there IS no update available. Hope that helps. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pmmueller: Also, that feature can be disabled in System Preferences > Dock. I was about to, but figured I'd give it a try, and actually I'm finding it sort of handy. Cheers! :)

• pchenva
    pchenva
    Community Member

Will this Updater issue be resolved in the next update?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@pchenva - what updater issue are you referring to?

• pchenva
    pchenva
    Community Member

Hi Lars,
    I meant will the 1Password Updater app bug be resolved in a future release. Specifically where I have upgraded my iOS to Mojave and when I check for updates and update 1PW, the Updater shows up in the dock and says "Failed to find the version of installed 1Password application". Will the programmers fix this bug so the 1PW Updater doesn't show up and stay in the dock? For now, I have to click on the Updater and remove from dock. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@pchenva - I'm sorry for the confusion. This isn't a bug in 1Password, it's a new feature of macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”) -- the "Show Recent Applications in Dock" feature, found in System Preferences > Dock. For more about this, please see this post. Hope that helps. :)

• pchenva
    pchenva
    Community Member

Thanks Lars. Got it. Just disabled system preference to show recent apps. :-)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@pchenva - sounds good. For what it's worth, you still have the ability to see "Recent items" just as you always have, by clicking Apple menu > Recent Items. This includes not only recently-used Applications, but also recent files/documents.

This discussion has been closed.