Problem with Chrome/Chrome extension

Bobalaska
Bobalaska
Community Member

I recently noticed a problem when I use Chrome and 1Password extension for Chrome. If I unlock 1Password from extension, and subsequently want to use 1Password app, I now have to unlock the latter as well. Similarly, if I have unlocked the 1Password app, and then want to use the Chrome extension, I have to unlock the extension.

I have not noticed this behavior before, nor does it occur with Safari or Firefox.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Problem with Chrome/Chrome extension

Comments

• rudy
    edited September 2018

@Bobalaska,

It sounds like you possibly have the wrong extension installed in Chrome if you're using the 7.1.2 on your Mac. Can you confirm you've got 4.7.3.90 in Chrome and not something with a version number resembling 1.10? chrome://extensions should take you straight there.

• Bobalaska
    Bobalaska
    Community Member

This is to confirm that the Chrome extension is 4.7.3.90. I can remove and reinstall if you think that will fix it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Bobalaska - it couldn't hurt. To be clear, the extension is literally nothing more than a conduit for the mini -- and the 1Password mini and main app are linked such that unlocking one will unlock the other. It just isn't possible to have a functioning, unlocked mini/extension at the same time as you have a locked, inaccessible 1Password...unless you've got multiple copies of 1Password and/or are using 1Password X, as rudy mentioned. Since it sounds as if you're not using 1Password X, let's try deleting the current extension, restarting Chrome, and re-downloading a new copy from https://1pw.ca/browser -- let us know how that works for you! :)

• Bobalaska
    Bobalaska
    Community Member

@Lars Ok, I did what you suggested. After locking extensions, I then in Chrome, Safari and Firefox did the same thing, opening up the same log in page in all 3. I then unlocked 1Password. Of the 3, only the Safari extension was unlocked. The extensions for Chrome and Firefox were locked.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Bobalaska - In a setup where you have a single copy of 1Password 7, a single copy of 1Password extension version 4.7.3.90 and no other 1Password extensions installed, that just isn't possible. When you say "locking extensions," you should not need to lock more than once -- when 1Password is locked, it is locked. The first browser you lock 1Password in, will lock everything else.

You said you visited the same sign-in URL in all three browsers and "then unlocked 1Password." How did you do that (unlock 1Password), specifically?

• Bobalaska
    Bobalaska
    Community Member

@Lars 1. Everything is working again. Very odd. I did no further restarts of apps or computer.
    2. By unlocking I meant using my master password.
    3. Thanks for your help.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Bobalaska - Thanks for the update. That's excellent news! I’d like to be able to say I’m glad I could help you get things squared away, but if the problem righted itself, I can’t hardly claim any credit for it. :-) However, around here, we’ve learned to call a win a win whether we had a hand in it or not.

Keep an eye on things and please let us know if the problem recurs or if there's anything further we can do to assist you. Otherwise, have a great rest of your week, and thanks for being a 1Password user!

This discussion has been closed.