Using my Mac my default browser Chrome does not load using the 1P program itself in the taskbar.

stoyles42
stoyles42
Community Member

However, if I load Chrome and select the 1P extension icon it works fine. Have I overlooked a step?

Comments

• Hi @stoyles42 ,

There is a preference in the 1Password app that controls whether 1Password shows in the menu bar. Open 1Password, go to the Preferences, and under General, make sure "Show 1Password in the menu bar" is checked. If it is, try unchecking it and checking it again and see if it appears then.

If you want it to automatically load when you login, click on "Browsers" in the preferences and make sure "Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running" is checked.

Regards,
    Kevin

• stoyles42
    stoyles42
    Community Member

Kevin when I use the Chrome extension I have no problem. If I use the 1 Password 7 App in the Taskbar and click "Open and Fill" Chrome loads but not the important URL or the Username and Password insertion is not done. It merely shows me Chrome is active but does not process the action beyond that point forcing me to use the Extension route from the top right of Chrome. I have the "Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running" checked and also "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords" checked as this is exactly what I want to happen.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@stoyles42 - can you tell us specifically what version of 1Password for Mac you're using, what version of Chrome, what version of 1Password extension within Chrome and what version of macOS you're on, please? Tahnks.

• stoyles42
    stoyles42
    Community Member

Kevin when I use the Chrome extension I have no problem. If I use the 1 Password 7 App in the Taskbar and click "Open and Fill" Chrome loads but not the important URL or the Username and Password insertion is not done. It merely shows me Chrome is active but does not process the action beyond that point forcing me to use the Extension route from the top right of Chrome. I have the "Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running" checked and also "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords" checked as this is exactly what I want to happen.

• stoyles42
    stoyles42
    Community Member

Google Chrome is up to date
    Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)1Password 7
    Version 7.0.7 (70007000)
    AgileBits Store
    macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6 (17G65)
    Extends the 1Password app on your Mac or Windows PC, so you can fill and save passwords in your browser.
    Version

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@stoyles42 - please quit Chrome, then update to the latest version of 1Password 7 for Mac by clicking 1Password > Check for updates. Re-launch Chrome and let us know if that has any effect.

This discussion has been closed.