no autofill after updating to version 6.8.9 mac app store

frustrate
frustrate
Community Member

Hi,

yesterday i updated to version 6.8.9 from the mac app store, and as of today autofill doesn't work anymore. I had a shortcut to autofill, but also tried by clicking within 1password and it only open the url with no filling. I don't see the 1password in the right click menu also. Tried to reboot or install safari extension (which isn't required anymore i guess). Chrome works. Safari is 12.0. What do you suggest? Thanks

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Icloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@frustrate: Indeed, with the release of Mojave and Safari 12, Apple is not longer allowing the sending of keystrokes for security reasons, so we've removed the autosubmit feature accordingly. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. As for the contextual menu item, that will go away as well, but if you're running version 7.2.1 you will see it for the time being.

• frustrate
    frustrate
    Community Member

Hi Brenty,

thanks for your support. You stated autosubmit, while i meant auto fill and then i click submit. So let me recap: with latest 1password 6 and Safari 12, it seems i will never be able to fill login forms except for copying and pasting manually the data from the app. Should i upgrade to 1password 7, i will also not be able to fill forms with a shortcut and then click submit, but only manually, while i would see the contextual menu item? But it will not autofill, right? I'll have to copy and paste anyway?

What i don't get is why i was able to autofill the forms until i upgraded 1password, while Safari was to the latest 12 version from days with no issues and shortcut autofill still working. Furthermore, i have installed the safari extension suggested for "using an old computer" (1Password 6.8.9 for Mac) but i can't see it in my Safari extensions. I guess i have a problem with the extension.

Thanks in advance.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@frustrate: Sorry, it's definitely confusing, as Safari is in a transitional phase. Indeed, the problem is that you're running Safari 12, but not 1Password 7.2. You may be able to get by for a bit by installing the old 1Password extension from Apple's gallery:

https://safari-extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2BUA8C4S2C

But Apple has stated that they will no longer accept submissions in the near future, and likely next year it will go away entirely, as only the new (Safari App Extension) stuff will be allowed. In that case, you wouldn't be able to use 1Password 6 to fill. That's why we're making changes now, so that 1Password users aren't left without Safari integration when all of that happens. As a less short-term solution, you could use a different browser, as their changes are (for now) behind us. But upgrading to the current version of 1Password is the only way it can work with the latest browsers and extensions in further into the future.

• frustrate
    frustrate
    Community Member

Hi Brenty,

thanks again for your extensive support. It worked! Ok, now i understand that if i want to continue to enjoy 1password i have to upgrade to 7. I will do that soon, as i cant' live without your app. Thanks again for your 5 stars support.

Vito

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@frustrate - on behalf of brenty, you're most welcome. I know he'll be glad to read the kind words when he's back in. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.