To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Unable to Access + Confusion

Options
claudio52
claudio52
Community Member

My wife already contacted the support for not being able to login but nobody answered.

She joined from her iPhone 7 days ago selecting the 30trial and annual billing.
Everything worked until she updated to the newest version of 1Password and iOS12.

I (the husband) already have an account/membership but apparently you have two very different and confusing access types: she never received her Secret Key. And now, after the latest upload, she is not able to log in from her phone and access her 1password account. Face ID is disabled and her master password does not get recognized.

Since support did not answer, we tried to converted my personal account into a family account, invited her (using the same email) and she ended up with apparently two different accounts: the one in our family account (empty) and the one with all her passwords, that she is not able to access.

So I went over and cancel the family plan, useless.
Nobody answered to her email and she hasn't been able to access 1password all day.

What should we do next?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 12
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hey @claudio52,

I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble your wife ran into signing into her account, and I'm sorry that you haven't received a reply to the email yet! Could you reply here with the Support ID that she should have received in an automated reply to her email? That'll let us look up the email to see what happened there.

It does sound like she signed up for a separate account - a Family account is likely the best option for you as it'll let you share certain passwords more easily, and is also less expensive overall than two individual accounts. That said, we'll need to try to get her access to her account first so she can move out her existing passwords (should you choose to switch to a Family account).

As we'll need to discuss account details, we'll need to continue over email. Once we hear back with your Support ID, we'll continue the conversation there.

This discussion has been closed.