Switched to a new browser and now I have to pay membership to reinstall 1Password?

caseyboyett
caseyboyett
Community Member

I was using Safari as my browser and uninstalled it and installed Chrome to use instead. I had to uninstall 1Password mini before I was able to reinstall 1Password on my new browser. Now it has all of my data but will not fill anything unless I pay for a monthly membership. Did I do something wrong? I purchased this a couple years ago and have never been told I had to pay a monthly membership until now. Did I install the wrong version? Can I use the old version on Chrome? Thank you!

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi caseyboyett,

It sounds like you were using an older version of 1Password, and then when you reinstalled, you probably installed version 7, which is a paid upgrade from version 6 -- and is typically set up as a monthly or yearly subscription.

There is no need to uninstall / reinstall 1Password to switch browsers. 1Password itself is an App like any other on your system, and it has browser extensions which help it talk to your web browser. You can have multiple browser extensions installed at the same time and use multiple browsers simultaneously if you want to.

If you wish to continue using 1Password 6, you can download it from our website here: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPM4

This discussion has been closed.