Extension "Open&Fill" fails with blank Safari tab/window (1P 7.2.1, Safari 12.0, MacOS 10.14)

DaveGoldman
DaveGoldman
Community Member
edited October 2018 in Mac

1Password 7.2.1, Safari 12.0, MacOS 10.14

1. In Safari, open a new tab or a new window.
  2. Launch the 1Password Extension.
  3. Choose a login that includes a website URL (as well as username/password).
  4. Press Enter, or click the "Open & Fill" button.
    => Nothing happens

If the current Safari tab or window is already showing the contents of any URL (any URL), rather than being new/empty, then the above steps correctly connect to the desired URL.

If the same steps are taken from the 1Password app, with the active Safari tab/window new/empty, then the above steps correctly connect to the desired URL

Not fixed by any permutation of:

• Uninstalling/reinstalling 1Password (which required me to reboot into Safe Mode)
  • Quitting/restarting Safari
  • Restarting Mac

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• @DaveGoldman,

At this time if you have Safari set to open new windows to the empty selection you will need to change 1Password (via the gear button in the 1Password mini window) to open via a method other than "current tab".

• DaveGoldman
    DaveGoldman
    Community Member

Ah -- thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@DaveGoldman - on behalf of rudy, you're quite welcome -- glad he was able to help! :)

• rlh
    rlh
    Community Member

I have mine set to "Open URLs in New Tab", which is how I assume I have had it set going back before v6 (at least I don't remember making any changes). However, if memory serves, as recently as Safari 11 and 1Password 7.1, if the current tab was blank and I clicked on Mini to open a site it would do it in the current tab (which made sense since there was no content there). Now it always opens a new tab (sure, working in a literal sense since that's what the setting says but different than I remember).

Was the change intentional? Any chance of it going back to previous behavior? I liked the previous behavior...

• @rlh,

Right now the only option to use the current tab behavior is to set Safari to use something other than the empty tab.

This discussion has been closed.