can I transfer my standalone 1password6 app bought the mac app store to my new mac ?

guins
guins
Community Member

Hi,
I bought 1password6 on the Mac App Store a few years back, and today I'm switching on a newer mac, but I can't make the app to work without a licence.

On the old mac, if I click on the "licence..." menu item, I can read "You are Licensed. Purchased on the Mac App Store".

So on the new mac I first downloaded the 1password7 app from the Mac App Store. But then I read that this version was for subscription only. So I deleted it, I downloaded the same app version (1Password 6.8.9 for Mac) from your official download page.

But I still can't get it to work without upgrading the app to the 7 version and buy a licence.

Even if it was a few years back, I paid full price to buy the stand alone version, so I would like to keep using this version without buying a new licence.

Thank you,
Stephan

1Password Version: 1Password 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can I transfer my standalone 1password6 app bought the mac app store to my new mac ?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @guins! I'm sorry for the trouble. If you downloaded version 6.8.9 from us and installed it onto a brand-new Mac, the reason you can't get the "Purchased on the Mac App Store" authorization is because you never had the Mac App Store version on this Mac. 1Password 6 for Mac (when downloaded from us) will look for the package receipt (not your actual payment receipt) in your user Library folder, and if it finds one, will authorize 1Password for Mac from us. On this new Mac, you never installed 1Password 6 for Mac from the Mac App Store, so our version that you downloaded and installed finds nothing, and says you need a license.

I see that you've already installed macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”) which means you're using Safari 12, am I correct? Or do you use a different browser? if you use Safari and want to keep it that way, you will need to upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac anyway, since Safari 12 requires a new Safari App Extension which works only in 1Password 7 for Mac.

This discussion has been closed.