Chrome Extension not working seamlessly after upgrading to 1Password 7

AndreasG
AndreasG
Community Member

Hi!

I have been a 1Password user for many years now but upgraded to 1Password 7 only yesterday. I set up a family account for me and my wife and thought that the cleanest way would be to turn off local vaults and sync everything via my 1Password subsription, so that's what I did (no local vaults, only vaults within my 1Password account).

My question: I used to be able to invoke 1Password mini in the menu bar from any browser (I use Chrome and Safari a lot) and have it fill in my logins. Now, with 1Password 7, the Chrome browser extension (1Password X) seems to be a completely separate app and I require to remember an additional keyboard shortcut. If I invoke 1Password from the menu bar it tells me to install the Chrome browser extension (even though it already is installed). Am I missing something or is this really a step backwards regarding usability?

In short, what I would like to do is have one keyboard shortcut to fill my logins in any browser. Is that still possible?

(I hope I could make my somewhat complicated question clear even though English is not my native language...)

Best regards and thanks for any help!

Andreas

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 1Password X for Chrome
OS Version: OS X 10.14 (Mojave)
Sync Type: 1Password subscription

Comments

This discussion has been closed.