Feature Request: Store date of most recent password change

kenj
kenj
Community Member
edited October 2018 in Mac

I received an email stating that my email password was compromised (dark web) on a specific date. So I went to 1PW to see when I last changed it. However, the "last modified" date on the 1PW entry is for any change to that entry. You do track the change dates for previous passwords, but not specifically a date when the most recent password was changed. I'd envision this as an additional display field at the bottom of the 1PW entry (in the area of the "last modified" and "created" date fields).

Can you please add this to a near future release (or delta release).

Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Hi @kenj

I’m not aware of any current plans for such a feature, so it wouldn’t likely make it into the next release if we were to decide to implement it. That said, I can see how this could be helpful, and I’ll share the idea with the team. I would say though that as in most cases changing the password is fairly painless and the risk of not relatively high it seems prudent to just go ahead and change it anyway if the site has suffered a breach.

Thanks!

Ben

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member

Hi Ben. Completely disagree on it being painless. In my case, it was my google gmail password. Changing it is easy... the impact of it is not. I would have to re-login to multiple devices, browsers, etc because that particular password may be used as the "convenience method" of login.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kenj - thanks for the perspective; we'll pass along your ideas to the development team. :)

This discussion has been closed.