Unable to get the browser extension to work

This discussion was created from comments split from: Just installed 7.2.1 - simply isn't working.

Comments

• rdlink
    rdlink
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue. A reboot did no good for me. I can get neither 1password mini nor the browser extension to work. In fact, once I try to use Open & Fill and it fails the only way I can get Mini to even respond again is to close 1Password and reopen. Even at that it doesn't actually Open & Fill when I tell it to.

• @rdlink

Sorry about the trouble. Which version of 1Password? Which browser? Which version of that browser?

Please let us know.

Ben

• rdlink
    rdlink
    Community Member

Version 7.2.1 of 1 Password. Safari 12.0 (14606.1.36.1.9) running on MacOS 10.14. Issue was a problem before this version of Mac or Safari, also, running an older version of 1Password.

I had been ignoring it up until now, because I have been using iCloud Keychain for my day to day, and basically just letting 1Password be a password repository. But my constant nagging to my girlfriend to get her to use a PW manager finally paid off, so I upgraded to 7.2.1, and subscribed to a family plan.

• MapleShade
    MapleShade
    Community Member

I am also having this issue for the past 4 days. OS Mojave, Safari Version 12.0 (14606.1.36.1.9), Firefox 62.0.3 (64-bit), Chrome Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit). The extension button for 1Password is there on all of them, they just refuse to open and Chrome asks for the extension to be installed. I can only open the 1Password app on my Mac and use it to copy and paste. If I do a full restart of the computer, it will again work for awhile and then the same problem.

• @rdlink and @MapleShade

Could you each please make sure both the 1Password application as well as your browser application(s) live in the /Applications folder, and not elsewhere in the file system?

If that does not resolve the difficulty I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/96396/
    • Your forum username

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• rdlink
    rdlink
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

Done. Both apps are in the applications folder. Diagnostics run and sent.

• MapleShade
    MapleShade
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

Thanks Ben, I just sent the report and info. All are in the Apps folder.
    support ID is [#HWF-37591-427]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! We'll continue the conversation via email. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.