Different experiences between two macs and my iPhone

jschussler
jschussler
Community Member

Something seems to have broken.

I have the 1Password app on my iphone running iOS 12, and have paid for the "Pro" version. On that app I see 326 items of which 320 are logins. Because it's Pro, I have multiple vaults: 1 on iCloud and 1 on Dropbox. iCloud is the primary vault, but there's also a Dropbox vault (which I can't seem to copy to).

On my Mac at home, a Mac Mini running Sierra, I see 276 items. The primary vault is Dropbox. The license is just "1Password for Mac," and I don't have a login/account on your web site/service. I cannot add any additional vaults.

On my work Mac, running High Sierra, I see 68 items. Primary vault is Dropbox. No ability to access or add additional vaults.

There was a time, not so long ago, when everything was running fine and was in sync. Now nothing's in sync so life kinda sucks.

Through this time I've changed phones once and the work laptop once, and had to install fresh on each. So there's that.

What do I have to do to get everything to sync? I thought paying for Pro would do it, but apparently not.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jschussler - I'm sorry for the trouble! If you're having difficulty syncing your data between devices, we've got a couple of great guides for you, one for Dropbox and another for iCloud. Please try the steps there to begin with. Make sure you're using the same Dropbox account on all devices, as well as syncing to the same keychain in Dropbox.

• jschussler
    jschussler
    Community Member

I gave in and just bought a subscription. So now in theory everything should sync across all devices.

But that's not happening on my work machine. I see a Private vault with a weird subset of my logins (74 vs. 320 at home). And in the Settings I see no way to Sync, which IIRC at home is available in the menu.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jschussler - if you have a sync menu in Preferences in 1Password for Mac on your home Mac, that means you have at least one standalone (local) vault there. That's why you're seeing a discrepancy in items: because the vaults aren't the same. Everything does indeed sync without user intervention in a 1password.com account, but if there are vaults outside the account, those don't sync the same way.

Can you tell me what you see in Preferences > Vaults on your office Mac and what you see on your home Mac? How many vaults, and what are their names, please?

• jschussler
    jschussler
    Community Member

On the home machine it's john>dropbox>apps>1password>1password.opvault. And it says "Primary vault with (dropdown menu) Dropbox"

I'll check on the work machine when I get in tomorrow.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jschussler - OK. That means on your home Mac, you haven't yet added your account into the 1Password for Mac app. Let me know what you discover on your work Mac, as well, and depending on what we find, we'll proceed from there.

• jschussler
    jschussler
    Community Member

Odd. On the home app I'm definitely signed in to the "Schussler" family account.

Here at work I'm also signed in to the Schussler family account. I see two vaults, private and shared.

Seems like I need a way to copy all the stuff that's in the Dropbox vault at home into the Schussler subscription vault...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jschussler - I'm confused. You told me, above, that on your home Mac, in Preferences > Vaults you see a Primary (standalone) vault syncing via Dropbox at john>dropbox>apps>1password>1password.opvault . But just now, you say "on the home app, I'm definitely signed into the Schussler family account." Those cannot both be true; you can't have only a Primary vault in 1Password 7 for Mac on your home Mac, and also be signed into the Schussler Family account. If you were signed into the family account, it would say something like Primary and then underneath that, you'd see Schussler Family and indented underneath, you'd see Personal (or Private) and Shared. Can you clarify for me, please?

• jschussler
    jschussler
    Community Member

I'll check when I get home this evening. Looking at my phone, it's not signed in to the Schussler account and I can't do that until I get to the secret key, so...I'll work that out tonight. Thanks for being on top of the replies.

• jschussler
    jschussler
    Community Member

On the home machine I see two main vaults: Schussler and Primary. The Schussler vault has two sub-vaults: private and shared. The Primary vault has no sub-vaults.

When I pop up the Vault for Saving menu it's set to Primary, which shows as being Dropbox.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jschussler - thanks for the additional info. It sounds like you've created a 1Password Families account at some point in the past (that's the Schussler Family part; that's not a vault, it's an account, the indented "Private" and "Shared" items are the vaults). You also have a local (standalone) vault ("Primary") synced via Dropbox. Yet you told me on your phone, you also have a standalone vault synced via iCloud. I think at this point, to get a better idea of what's where, and to give you advice on how to consolidate everything, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#TMC-65868-299]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @jschussler only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: TMC-65868-299

• jschussler
    jschussler
    Community Member

Done. All three files sent to support+ios@agilebits.com, with the [#TMC-65868-299] prefix.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jschussler - Yep, replied. Let's keep the conversation going via email, instead of in two places at once.

This discussion has been closed.