Can't Update APP (secret key/password) in 1Password on second computer

jsoth
jsoth
Community Member

I have two computers with 1P v7 on both. One I use seldom. At some point I had to change the secret key and I am successfully using 1P on the main computer. I went to update the secret key on the second computer but the 1PASSWORD app options to do so is greyed out. I deleted the app, signed in to my 1P account, downloaded the app and reinstalled. I still can't gain access to the 1P app on the second computer.

Using OSX Mojave with the latest version of 1P on both computers.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jsoth - I'm sorry for the trouble! On the computer you're having troubles with, can you tell us a bit more about the setup? What specific versions of macOS, and of 1Password are you running?

1Password 7 for Mac is a fully sandboxed app for the first time in our history, which means that even if you downloaded it directly from us, you need to install it into the Applications folder, not anywhere else, like ~/Applications or desktop or any external drive. When you say "can't gain access," what do you mean? Your Master Password doesn't unlock 1Password for Mac? Something else?

• jsoth
    jsoth
    Community Member

My account is not in trial mode but the app says it is. I have upgraded. There is a new secret key. I can't change the settings in the app. I have acces to the web account. The MAC version of the app was downloaded from https://my.1password.com/home.

It is installed in the applications directory.

I am running Mojave and the latest version of the mac 1P app.

I want to update the app to install the new secret key and I can't seem to do that because the areas of the app are greyed out. I can send you a snapshot of the app privately.

I have admin access to the computer

Cheers,

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018

@jsoth - actually, I see you've also asked this question of our email support team as well. Let's keep the conversation going that way, since details of your specific 1Password setup should not be in this public forum. Thanks. :)

ref: HHH-96331-255

This discussion has been closed.