Login problems after updating to 6.8.9 (689001)

ventoux1
ventoux1
Community Member

I have just updated to v6.8.9 and now am unable to use the Login facility. The Login web page opens but the Username and Password are not transferred on any of my Logins. I currently have to manually insert them.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @ventoux1! I'm sorry for the trouble. Please restart your Mac and try again -- if it's still not working, let me know what browser you're attempting this in, and what version. You may also want to check whether the problem is confined to one browser or is identical in other browsers.

• ventoux1
    ventoux1
    Community Member

Good afternoon Lars,
    Thank you for your prompt reply. The first thing I tried was a restart but to no avail. I normally run Safari v12.0 as my browser and have Opera v56.0.3051.36 as a backup. I have just made this my default and the problem has disappeared! Wonderful, thank you. Is there anything that I can do to Safari to be able to make this my default again?
    Thanks, ventoux1

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ventoux1 - glad to hear switching to Opera has resolved the issue for you. The reason you're having this problem has to do with using Safari 12. The just-released macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”) ships with version 12 as the default, but it's got a couple of larger changes under the hood. The one that most impacts 1Password is that, with version 12, Apple have retired the older .safariextz extensions which could be downloaded directly from developers (such as our existing 4.7.3.90 extension), or from the Safari Extensions Gallery, and replaced them with the newer Safari App Extension format. Version 7.2 of 1Password for Mac has the new SAE extension, but version 6.x does not and likely never will, as it's now in legacy status. That means the minute you upgraded to Safari 12, version 6.x of 1Password will no longer work in Safari. However - as you've noticed - it will continue to work just fine with Opera, Chrome or Firefox. Longer-term, if you want to return to Safari, your only option will be to upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac.

• ventoux1
    ventoux1
    Community Member

Thank you Lars,
    This all makes sense. So my next challenge will be to consider 1Password 7 for Mac. My wife also runs 1Password v6 on her various Mac products so we will have to find the most practical and economical solution.
    Thanks again, ventoux1

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ventoux1 - if both of you use 1Password for Mac, then I would strongly recommend you consider a 1Password Families membership. There are numerous advantages to it, but two of the main advantages of 1Password Families specifically are:

1. A single, $4.99/mo membership (paid annually) covers up to five family members. Standalone licenses, by contrast, are sold per-person and per-platform, meaning you and your wife would each need a separate license to use 1Password 7 for Mac -- at $64.99 each ($49.99 right now, during the limited "launch special" pricing). And if one or both of you needs a 1Password 7 for Windows license, those are separate as well. With a 1Password Families membership, everyone gets access to all our 1Password apps, included.
    2. Drop-dead simple sharing. In 1Password Families, each member of the family gets his/her own Personal (private) vault, for their individual items, as well as access to the family-wide Shared vault. The latter is a great place for everything from the garage-door code to the family Netflix password to shared credit card or bank numbers, etc, while the Personal vault lets everyone keep their private Facebook and email accounts in a separate vault only they can access.

You can take 1Password Families for a free 30-day spin, if you like: just head over to the main 1Password Families sign-up page and give it a whirl. Let us know if you have any questions or run into any difficulties. Have a great week! :)

• ventoux1
    ventoux1
    Community Member

Hello Lars,
    This is all hugely helpful and will save me hours of research tonight.
    Thanks, ventoux1

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ventoux1 - you're most welcome. Send up a flare if you run into trouble, otherwise have a great evening! :)

This discussion has been closed.