Alfred 3 dark mode integration with 1Password 7

MattAttack
MattAttack
Community Member

I wanted to report an issue with the Alfred 3 - 1Password integration when using macOS Mojave and dark mode.
I have reached out to Alfred support, and they advised me to reach out to agilebits support, as they do not choose how light/dark mode is implemented in alfred.

Current Installed Versions:

1Password 7: Version 7.2.1 (70201002) - AgileBits Store
Alfred: v3.7 [938]
macOS: 10.14

Requirements:

1Password 7.2.1 installed.
1Password integration enabled for Alfred 3.
- Discover Automatically is enabled
1Password Enabled Spotlight and 3rd party app integrations enabled.
macOS Mojave with dark mode enabled.

Repo Steps:

1. Use command to open Alfred (mine is currently cmd + space)
  2. Type 1P and enter any item that is not a login (such as a note, credit card, document, etc)
  3. When item opens, it is currently not using dark mode and is impossible to read. See attached images.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018

@MattAttack - well spotted! I apologize for the error. To be clear (and to absolve the good folks at Alfred), the only thing Alfred is able to do is send an openAndFill request to 1Password, or tell 1Password to open a metadata file. Alfred is not able ot tell us how to display an item. (e.g. dark vs. light, detached or not). So this is definitely our error. Fortunately, the fabulous julieta is on the case, and a fix for this has already been pushed. You should see it in a forthcoming update. If you're truly anxious for it, switch to beta builds, otherwise, it should be in stable shortly afterwards. Thanks again! :)

ref: apple-2325

• MattAttack
    MattAttack
    Community Member

@Lars awesome, thanks for the update, and julieta for knocking out a fix. I look forward to checking it out on the beta build. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@MattAttack - you're quite welcome. Glad we were able to assist, and thanks again for noticing this bug. :)

This discussion has been closed.