Is there an easy way to get rid of duplicates?

DCDawg
DCDawg
Community Member

I recently upgraded to 1P 7 and did it so quickly (time constraints) I must have made a mistake.

First, I kept the "private" password database that was stored on Dropbox but converted it to a new 1P Vault. That's fine but I did not know if there was any way to verify that everything was transferred over.

Secondly, I installed 1P 7 on a work computer (with permission) and set up a shared vault for things I can use on both systems. Both my home user and work user are two separate people with their own private vaults (some passwords should not be shared), but if I'm messing around with eBay, I want my eBay password available on both machines.

It seems that in saving the passwords, I didn't immediately grok the situation and now (for example) my eBay password in the private vault, the converted vault, the shared vault, and my work computer's private vault.

Even if I have to run something on each system under each account, how do I identify duplicate accounts/passwords so that they can be deleted without having to scroll through hundreds of passwords? Remember, the reason why I use 1P is to prevent from having to manage the hundreds of passwords. Having a semi-automated process would be easy!

PLEASE HELP!

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1Password Member

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@DCDawg - sorry for the trouble. I'm a little unclear on the precise situation on each of your Macs in terms of accounts, older vaults, sync, and such, so rather than play 20 Questions with you here in public, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

(and in case you also use 1Password on any iOS devices):

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#TYV-29256-335]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @DCDawg only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: TYV-29256-335

This discussion has been closed.