with Mojave update, 1Password is not letting my access my passwords and asking for secret key

Options
gkillmaster
gkillmaster
Community Member
edited October 2018 in Mac

I never had any problem since I purchased a license from iTunes store 4 years ago. Now it will not work on my Macbook Pro or iMac. If I go to a website and click on fill, it takes me to a subscription splash page and I have the choice or getting a subscription or logging in. I am unable to log in cause its insisting on an additional sign in address and secret key but the catch22 is that in order for me to retrieve my key, I have to log in. However, since I purchased a license from the iTunes store, I was under the impression I have no secret key. Been pulling my hair out all morning with this and will be glad to find an answer!

thanks,

Greg K.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 5
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• GuyPinhas
    GuyPinhas
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. I have a 1password6 purchased a little less than four years ago. I just upgraded my macbook air to Mojave/10.14 and 1password is giving me grief. I am using Chrome and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the extension and nothing does the trick. Restarted etc etc etc and still nothing.
    Also tried to instal the latest package, 7.2.1. and it won't let me quit 1password mini so I can't go further with the upgrade.
    Anyone out there who can help?
    Guy.

1Password version: 6.8.2
    Chrome extension version: 4.7.3.90

• gkillmaster
    gkillmaster
    Community Member
    Options

I think I finally got it working. As far as I can tell, 1Password 7 is a paid upgrade and if you install it like I did thinking it was an free update, 6 no longer works and you have to completely delete 7 and reinstall 6, or I guess buy the upgrade. I'm back to v. 6 and its working again.

• gkillmaster
    gkillmaster
    Community Member
    Options

A little warning dialog would've been nice (and saved me half a day)

• GuyPinhas
    GuyPinhas
    Community Member
    Options

@gkillmaster: Thanks for the update, Which version of 6 are you using and from where did you download? I have the impression I'll need to go that way as well.

• gkillmaster
    gkillmaster
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @GuyPinhas, I got it from here at the bottom of the page on the right for older computers:
    https://1password.com/downloads/

hope it works for you

• GuyPinhas
    GuyPinhas
    Community Member
    Options

@gkillmaster Thanks man, I think this should work, seems we're both running the same OS so I see no reason why it wouldn't. That said, this was really something that I hope the folks at 1password pay attention to.

• GuyPinhas
    GuyPinhas
    Community Member
    Options

@gkillmaster download worked like a charm, extension still doesn't work. Done with this for the moment. Again, I hope that someone with some extensive knowledge pops up and gives us the skinny!

• gkillmaster
    gkillmaster
    Community Member
    Options

I just deleted the chrome extension for 7 and closed Chrome, reopened and reinstalled the extension and it worked for me.

• GuyPinhas
    GuyPinhas
    Community Member
    Options

Did the same but on my end it's still kinda wonky and slow. Could be Mojave being uncooperative.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gkillmaster - sorry for the trouble! 1Password 7 for Mac is a new version, and it requires a new purchase for all users unless you have a 1password.com membership, in which case version 7 is included with your membership price. The Secret Key is a function of a 1password.com membership/account. If you don't have one, that's why you don't have a Secret Key.

1Password 7 for Mac is not listed as an automatic update for users of 1Password 6 for Mac for this very reason: if you don't have a 1password.com membership, you won't be able to use it. It sounds like what you did is see 1Password 7 for Mac on the front page of the Mac App Store and downloaded it from there. Glad to see you were able to re-install version 6, though that will mean you won't be able to use 1Password in Safari 12. Let us know if you have any further questions. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GuyPinhas - sorry for the delay in our replies; we try to get to folks on a first-in, first-out basis, but during times of high inflows (like now, after the release of Mojave recently), we may not hit our usual speedy reply times. Sounds like you're OK now? Let me know if you're still having troubles, or have any follow-up questions.

• GuyPinhas
    GuyPinhas
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars I think everything seems to be good and props to @gkillmaster for the help!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.