Can't create new items

jrepenning
jrepenning
Community Member

Just updated to macOs Mojave + 1Password 7 (stand-alone). Converted my vault (stored in DropBox, converted on the Ma cOS first, then two iOS devices). I can't create new items (like Secure Notes) --- the File: New XXX menu picks are all grayed out, and I can't find the old "+" control anywhere.

Some things I thought might be the cause, are they?

• Maybe vault conversion is on-going? (I have 385 whatever-it-counts; sync settings page says "Syncing ..." but also "last synced ..."
  • Maybe stand-alone copies are read-only?
  • Maybe the UI control is changed and I'm too blind to see it, or too dumb to recognize?

1Password Version: MacOS: 7.2.1 (70201001(
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• jrepenning
    jrepenning
    Community Member

Update: above was based on the app-store version. I switched to the AgileBits-download version. Things are different, but not fixed. Notably, items have a Read Only button; if I click it, I get a pop-up welcoming me and advising I need a license. I want a stand-alone license, not a membership; there's a link there, but I can't follow it to the place where I pay you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jrepenning - thanks for the update. :) As you've discovered, if you want a standalone license, you'll need the version from us, not from the Mac App Store. Now that you've gotten that, you should be all set, though -- the Read Only button is correct: 1Password is unlicensed, and you aren't signed into a 1password.com account. Those are the two things which would take version 7 out of Read Only mode.

However, clicking the Read Only badge in any of your 1Password items should bring you to this screen:

and clicking the indicated "Need a license? We have those, too" link should bring you to this secondary screen:

What are you seeing?

• jrepenning
    jrepenning
    Community Member

Once I had the non-AppStore version, yes, I see this.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jrepenning - great! :)

• sshapero
    sshapero
    Community Member

I purchased 1Password through the app store; I am stuck in read only mode. Do I need to purchase a 1password account in addition to the fee I already paid in the app store? I've never had to do this before.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @sshapero! When did you purchase 1Password for Mac via the Mac App Store (the "fee I already paid in the app store"), and what did you pay for? If you paid $49.99 or so for 1Password a couple of years back or more, then yes, to use 1Password 7 for Mac, you'll need to either create and pay for a 1password.com membership, OR switch to the version of 1Password 7 for Mac downloaded directly from our downloads page and purchase a standalone license for version 7 within the app, as shown in the screenshot above. Can you tell me what/when you purchased? Thanks. :)

This discussion has been closed.