1Password browser extension not working in macOS 10.13.6 Chrome 69.0.3497.100

jeffsass
jeffsass
Community Member

I just recently updated to 1Password 7.2.1 on macOS 10.13.6 and with Chrome 69.0.3497.100. I then uninstalled and re-installed the Chrome extension. I am able to right click and select 1Password but when I do it no longer launches the mini browser extension. It flashes over to the 1Password desktop app, but doesn't do the automatic fill in capability that it used to do with 1Password 6.

I have rebooted multiple times as well as uninstalled and reinstalled the Chrome web browser extension to no avail.

This is a single user perpetutual license if that matters. Are there some troubleshooting steps that I can do to resolve this?
-Jeff

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• jmazur
    jmazur
    Community Member

Same exact issue as above and tried the same fixes.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018

@jeffsass - I'm sorry for the trouble! The configuration you're using should certainly work -- 10.13.6, Chrome and 7.2.1 should be playing nice together, including auto-fill, which hasn't been changed. Auto-submit has indeed been removed, but that has nothing to do with filling. When you say "right click," what are you clicking? Just the page itself, to bring up the contextual menu? In 1Password 7 for Mac, for the first time ever, we are a fully sandboxed app also, so if both 1Password 7 for Mac and Chrome are not in the main Applications folder (not anywhere else like ~/Applications), the extension will not fill. Do you perhaps have either Chrome or 1Password in a location other than Applications?

This discussion has been closed.