Cost of annual family subscription

Options
ejohn
ejohn
Community Member

I see that the monthly cost of a family subscription is $4.99 a month, but I don't see the cost of an annual subscription.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Actually "$4,99/month" is when you pay (12 times that) annually:

4.99 USD per month for a family of 5, when billed annually

• Ben
    Options

XIII is correct: the advertised price is the price after 20% discount for annual billing. Monthly billing would be $5.99 USD / mo.

Ben

• jdmc
    jdmc
    Community Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Where on the 1Password website is there an option to select monthly billing for the Family plan? I can't find it anywhere.

EDIT: I found it… you have to click the "Subscribe" button, and only then is the monthly option presented. And contrary to what @Ben wrote above, the charge is $7/mo, not $6/mo.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

When does the $7 a month appear? Ben was giving the price before tax, I think, as tax varies from country to country. I am wondering if you saw the price after tax.

• Ben
    Options

It’s $5.99 USD / month, though as danco mentioned if you’re subject to tax that would be added on. The majority of our customers are not (subject to tax). As tax rates vary greatly and we don’t have the information necessary about an individual to show them their tax rate we do not show the rate including tax until we do have enough information to do so.

Ben

• jdmc
    jdmc
    Community Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Well guys, here ya go, captured fresh from my browser window just now....

Sure looks like it says "$6.99 per month" to me.

[ attn: @danco, @Ben ]

• Ben
    Options

Well... That's interesting. Thanks for pointing that out @jdmc. I was able to confirm with the team that $6.99 is the correct price for 1Password Families when paying monthly and that the "20% rule" doesn't apply. Mea culpa. Considering that it seems annual billing provides a fairly significant savings, especially for 1Password Families.

My apologies -- entirely confusion on my part.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.