Cant Install Browser Extension

knouse
knouse
Community Member

I'm running 1PW 6.8.8, I download and installed 1PW 7 not realizing there is a $3 monthly charge. After installing it and finding about the subscription charge I quit it, deleted it from my MacBook Pro, and started 1PW 6.8.8. When I tried to reinstall the browser extension I find there is no way to do so for v6.8.8

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@knouse - I'm sorry for the confusion. Can I ask what browser you're using?

• knouse
    knouse
    Community Member

Safari 12.0 (14606.1.36.1.9)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@knouse - that would be the reason (Safari 12). With macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”) and Safari 12, Apple introduced a number of significant changes. The major one is retiring the older style .safariextz extensions that all developers in the pre-12 Safari days used, in favor of the new Safari App Extensions. Safari 12 requires these, and 1Password 7 for Mac has them -- but version 6.8.9 does not. You'll need to either upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac or use a different browser, as Safari 12 is not compatible with the extensions in the older version 6.8.9 of 1Password.

• knouse
    knouse
    Community Member

Lars: It was working before I installed 1PW 7

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@knouse - if you like, you're welcome to visit Safari's Preferences > Extensions and delete the version 7.2 extension (if it hasn't been deleted already), and then try re-installing version 4.7.3.90 from the Safari Extensions Gallery. I can't say I think that's likely to work, but that version (4.7.3.90) is the one that's required for 1Password for Mac 6.8.9. Let us know how you get on! :)

This discussion has been closed.