How to set up 2FA in 1Password 7 with Google Authenticator?

perhansson
perhansson
Community Member

How do I make Authenticator to talk with 1Password?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: macOS 10.14
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:How to set up 2FA in 1Password 7 with Google Authenticator?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @perhansson! Since you capitalized it, I assume you mean Google Authenticator, or some other 3rd-party 2SV app? If so, I'm afraid the answer is "you can't." 1Password is aware of sites that have available 2FA, but it can only look at its internal database to determine whether you've enabled it in your Login item. If you use a different 2FA app or a hardware token like a Yubikey for your second factor, you'll need to add the tag 2FA to any records for which you want to suppress the Watchtower warning about available but unused 2FA. Hope that helps! :)

• perhansson
    perhansson
    Community Member

Thanks Lars, it will have to do for the moment...
    I bet you guys come up with some great idea of combining Autenticator with 1PSW 8-)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@perhansson - you never know -- but in this particular case, I wouldn't hold my breath. It's possible some clever technological advance of a great idea from one of our developers allows some progress on this, but I can't think of an easy way to check for the presence (or absence) of authentication from dozens of different authenticator apps/hardware tokens. Stay tuned and keep an eye on release notes, though -- maybe we'll surprise you (and me!). :)

This discussion has been closed.