My 1Pass for family is no longer working, help please.

KeithB
KeithB
Community Member

My 1Pas has become corrupt, by that I mean when I open 1Pas on the iMac it shows my vaults are a bunch of letters and numbers and there is nothing in them. When I go to my account on the web and sign in it has all my info and the vaults Personal and shared are there with all my passwords. How can I uninstall or reinstall the 1Pass program? Or how can I fix it so it is going to the web for my stored passwords ? I went into preferences the sync icon it shows iCloud which it isn't supposed to, it should be your web? Hope this is clear enough?

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: don't know
OS Version: Mohave 10.14
Sync Type: your website
Referrer: forum-search:How do I uninstall 1pass on my iMac it seems to be corrupted?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@KeithB - I think you asked this in another thread as well, but the best way to reset your local data in 1Password 7 for Mac would be to click Preferences > Tools > Reset all 1Password data. WARNING: this will do exactly what it says, so be certain everything is backed up if you have any standalone vaults. When you re-launch 1Password, it will be as if you are a new user. Sign in with your account/membership details, and let us know if that solves the issue. If not, we may need to re-install 1Password 7 for Mac.

• KeithB
    KeithB
    Community Member

Okay I went into preferences but nothing about tools. So from there? Why can’t this just be reinstalled on the iMac? I shouldn’t lose anything because it’s stored at 1Pass on the web. I don’t know much about posting but still haven’t received this info. Thanks I am trying to give you the info needed.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@KeithB - I'm so sorry. Must've been end-of-day brain-fog. The menu option you want is not in Preferences, it's Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password Data, in the menubar at the top of your Mac. Apologies for the confusion.

This discussion has been closed.