I’ve been a longtime user of 1password. We have whatever subscription lets me install it...

tiredofcomputers
tiredofcomputers
Community Member

I’ve been a longtime user of 1password. We have whatever subscription lets me install it on my husband’s computer, as I’m the family nerd.
I’ve been using Touch ID on my iPhone. A couple of days ago I had a breakdown & had to pull over. I tried to get to my passwords for AAA but the app had updated or something, I don’t know what, but it wanted my master password. I realized I’d forgotten it. Great time for that to happen, btw.

I tried to recover my acct logged in to my husband’s computer, but don’t see that option. I have tried what I’m sure is my master password but nothing gets me in. I changed his master password on his computer, but apparently that’s a different master password than for the overall account.

So the loop I’m stuck in is - even when I delete the app, as I did on my phone, it doesn’t accept the new master pass I set on my husband’s computer, & when I try to log in, there is no option for wiping the specific key & password for the specific installation on my computer & phone.

I can back up all the vaults & get rid of the app everywhere, but I suspect that when I reinstall all, his master pass will work on his computer, but my phone & computer will still only give me the choice of entering the password or doing nothing. How to reset or share or wipe the old installs & recover from a backup so I can reset the masterpassword on my computer? Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: cloud
Referrer: forum-search:# I’ve been a longtime user of 1password.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@tiredofcomputers - ugh! I'm sorry for the trouble, and at such an inopportune moment! Based just on your description, I have an idea of what might be going on, but I can't be certain. So, to get a better idea of what's where on your devices, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#UMQ-59379-695]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @tiredofcomputers only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: UMQ-59379-695

• tiredofcomputers
    tiredofcomputers
    Community Member

ok, sent.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@tiredofcomputers - got it, and replied. :) Let's keep the conversation going via email, instead of in multiple places. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.