Can't get ver 6 to work with my old account

sunny07
sunny07
Community Member

Hi,

I had downloaded 1password a while ago. It ran on my phone and computer. Recently my computer HD crashed and I had a new HD placed. The new ios on my mac is updated. I have downloaded the version 6.8.9 of 1password, since ver 7 is not supported. I can't install ver 6 b/c I can't seem to get into my account. It works fine on my phone, but I don't have this key. Please help me get 1password working on my mac.

THanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @sunny07! I'm sorry for the trouble. Do you have any Time Machine (or other app) backups of your previous hard drive from your Mac?

• sunny07
    sunny07
    Community Member

I found my original license number and got ver 6.8.9 working. However, instead of visiting every website and loading use/pswd individually, is there a way to restore my desktop version from my iPhone. Im afraid to sync since I feel it will take my desktop data and overwrite my phone, when in reality I want the reverse...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @sunny07! If you have 1Password working on another device, then you just need to set up sync. That should get you back up and running. If you have no data in 1Password on your Mac that you need (which sounds like the case, if you're willing to overwrite it completely), then I would recommend you set up syncing on your iOS device first (Dropbox or iCloud, but you can use WLAN sync if you like), and then on your Mac, lock 1Password and then click Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data. This will erase all 1Password data and quit 1Password. When you re-launch it, choose whichever method of sync you chose on your iOS device, and follow the guide at the above link. Let me know how that goes for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.