Items with attachments are not synched with Mojave

danielesser
danielesser
Community Member
edited October 2018 in Mac

Hi everybody,

I set up my iMac with a fresh Mojave and wanted to install 1Password. I already have 1PW on a Macbook, iPhone and iPad running and keep them in sync via iCloud. When installing 1PW on the iMac and enabling sync, it only fetches 285 of 309 items and pushes these 285 again to iCloud, so in total 24 items are lost on all devices.

I looked into the missing 24 items and figured out, all of them have attached files in common. It looks like the 1PW on my iMac can not process these attachments and removed these items instead – actually when first synching from iCloud to iMac the vault item counter goes up to 309 items and decreases to 285.

Things I already tried are changing sync to Dropbox, reseting to an older backup and creating a new vault importing al items. Everytime I add the fresh iMac with Mojave, items with attachment get lost. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Daniel

iMac: 1Password 7 (7.2.1) – AgileBits Store
MacBook: 1Password 7 (7.2.1) – AgileBits Store

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @danielesser! I'm sorry for the trouble. Did you perhaps recently convert to/create a 1password.com account? If so, your data are no longer syncing via either Dropbox OR iCloud, and attachments are not used in 1password.com vaults, having been replaced by (and converted into) Documents.

• danielesser
    danielesser
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

Hi @Lars,

Thank you for your answer. I have never used a 1password.com account and therefore did not have any documents in my vault. But this being a good hint, I solved the problem as follows:

I created a 1password.com account and used this for syncing my vault. On the first sync 1Password created for each attachment within an item a dedicated document and added it as a reference to the original item. Having attached files as dedicated document items seemed to solve the sync problem. Is there a way back to plain iCloud and Dropbox sync?

Thanks,
    Daniel

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@danielesser - with a 1password.com account (membership), you will not need any advanced 3rd party sync solution such as Dropbox or iCloud, because your data is synced automatically via the 1password.com servers. That's one of the benefits and advantages of a 1Password membership.

• danielesser
    danielesser
    Community Member

@Lars True. But I still own a standalone license that I have bought in April and I'd like to avoid paying twice for the service. Any possibilities to use the membership with a standalone license or reimburse the standalone license for a membership?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@danielesser

But I still own a standalone license that I have bought in April and I'd like to avoid paying twice for the service.

Totally understandable! :)

Any possibilities to use the membership with a standalone license

Sorry, no - it just doesn't work that way. They are two entirely separate ways of paying for and using 1Password.

...or reimburse the standalone license for a membership?

Now THAT, we can do. Please subscribe to an annual membership, and let me know when that's done. When you tell me it is, I'll refund your purchase and deactivate your license, and you'll be all transitioned...at least technically/monetarily. You'll still want to make sure you switch to your 1Password account on all your devices and don't leave any of your standalone vaults in any of your 1Password apps. Let us know if you need help doing that. Look forward to hearing from you when you've subscribed. :)

• danielesser
    danielesser
    Community Member

@Lars

Now THAT, we can do

That's awesome :) I just subscribed for an annual membership and all devices/vaults are synced with the 1password.com account. Do you need any further information regarding the standalone license?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@danielesser - nope! Already processed your refund; you should get a notification of it soon, if you haven't already. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.