Installed 1password 7 after deleting 1password 4. Cannot sign in

njoshi
njoshi
Community Member

Installed 1 password 7 after deleting 1 password 4. Cannot sign in to my account on Mac (although on Web is fine). It seems to be still having my old credentials (e.g. secret key etc) which I cannot seem to delete.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: High Sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password7 does not recognise my password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @njoshi! On your previous 1Password 4 for Mac app, you would have been using local (standalone) data. If you have a Secret Key, however, that means it sounds as if you've also opened a 1password.com account at some point in the past. Can you remember how many vaults you had in 1Password 4 for Mac, and how they were syncing?

• njoshi
    njoshi
    Community Member

So what I ended up doing eventually was to use another email and that allowed me to get in without a problem. However, now having another problem. On Safari, it does not allow me to use the 1passoword extension and keeps giving me an error message stating to update my browser (which I have the most updated version of)..I currently use OS sierra on my mac. I am OK using it on Chrome. any thoughts?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@njoshi - you can't simply use another email to get into a 1password.com account, unless it's a 1Password Families account and you've invited yourself a second time. I'm worried that all you've done is create a new account, which now won't be in sync with the older one. Please make sure that's not the case. You can't sign up for more than one account from each email address...but if you use multiple email addresses, you could theoretically have the same number of accounts.

Regarding the extension issue, you will need to be using Safari 12 for version 7.2 or higher of 1Password for Mac. Are you?

• njoshi
    njoshi
    Community Member

No, I did not start another account. I went into my own account and simply changed my email associated with my account (which the system allows). I will check out the safari version tonight after work and get back...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@njoshi - ah, OK -- I misunderstood you, then. Glad to hear there's just the one account. Will wait to hear from you re: your Safari version.

• njoshi
    njoshi
    Community Member

Updating to Safari 12 has resolved the issue. thx so much for your time.....much appreciated

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@njoshi - glad to hear it. Let us know if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.