Redacting information and entry layouts

Apple_a_day
Apple_a_day
Community Member

Long story short, I have just opened a new bank account and have been inputting this new data into 1Password. Something I have noticed is a difference in behaviour between Windows and Mac. On Windows, all of the information you input (e.g. a previous bank account) shows up, at least on the Mac, in one large white box, and you can change the data type for each entry here. On Mac, the default bank details to fill in for this white area pre-set and additional entries can't be made here (but can be renamed). If you want other information, you have to add it below the white box. I prefer it this way as the entry I just made on my Mac looks way "neater" than the entry I made on Windows way back.

However, on the Mac version you can't redact information in the white box. You can only change the data types for everything outside of the default entries. In addition, when you change the data type to password (to redact certain information), you unfortunately get a password-strength meter to the side, which isn't necessary because these fields aren't really passwords (e.g. PINs or recovery details). It would be good if you could have a different way to redact that doesn't require changing the field type to 'password'.

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Apple_a_day - thanks for the feedback and letting us know which one you prefer. We develop 1Password natively on four different platforms, and each platform has its own code requirements and stylistic conventions. For that reason alone, the versions of 1Password across the platforms are never going to look/function exactly identically the way they would if we instead just wrote an app in Java or Electron. I'll pass along your thoughts to the development team, as we're always looking for ways to improve 1Password. :)

This discussion has been closed.