Rich icon borders

jadchaar
jadchaar
Community Member

Hey guys, as you can see here, it seems like there is an issue with the borders of rich icons in the Mac client. I noticed this on not only the dark mode, but also the light mode.

Furthermore, it seemed like when I edited an entry, only then did the rich icon update. E.g. I clicked "Edit" and suddenly the rich icon changed (in this case for Uber). There seems to be a caching issue or issue in general with how the client is retrieving rich icons.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• julieta
    julieta
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018

Hi @jadchaar,

Thanks for pointing the issue. We are going to work on this and I hope it's included as soon as possible in the release.

ref: apple-1464

• The light highlight around the curve in dark mode is fix internally. We will include the fix in the next public release as soon as possible.

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

@chadseld @julieta the latest beta build mentions item icon changes "Item icons are now improved in dark mode. {apple-issues#1464}" but I still seem to see borders even after upgrading (image attached)

1Password 7
    Version 7.2.3.BETA-1 (70203001)
    AgileBits Beta

• If the icon is automatically generated from a website, you will need to toggle the "Show rich icon" setting in preferences to regenerate icons with better borders.

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

Hmm ok thanks--that worked! @chadseld you guys should add the ability for 1Password to automatically invalidate the rich icon cache and regenerate them on app update. Would make this process automatic for users so they do not have to manually re-toggle :smile:.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jadchaar: Glad that helped! Rich Icons is an area that could use some attention, on the server side as well, when we have the time. Thank you for the feedback -- and have a merry Christmas, Jad. :pirate: (←Santa hat, obvs)

This discussion has been closed.