I want to remove 1Password7 and keep 1Password6

McIntoshAmp
McIntoshAmp
Community Member

Hi, I have 1Password6 and sync through iCloud. It worked just fine. I would like to remove anything that's 1Password7 from my mac and revert back to what I had with 1 Password6. I can't just go to finder and throw away the 1Password7 icon, it says it's still running. What steps do I need to take to remove this from my computer?

I didn't create a cloud account or subscription to 1Password7.

Thanks,
Mel

1Password Version: 1Password6
Extension Version: 6.8.8
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:unistall 1password7

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@McIntoshAmp You'll need to fully quit 1Password7 before you can drag it to the Trash. Cmd-Option-Control-Q. hth

• McIntoshAmp
    McIntoshAmp
    Community Member

k, thanks for that, got passed that step but still says can't drag it trash, some extensions are still in use

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @McIntoshAmp! You'll also need to quit Safari first. In 7.2 and beyond, the 1Password extension for Safari is built into the app itself, so you can't remove it by trashing 1Password if Safari is open. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just Quit Safari, then drag the 1Password 7 app to your Mac's trash, empty the Trash, and restart your Mac. When it restarts, you'll be able to re-open 1Password 6 for Mac (if you don't have a copy of it any longer, you can visit our downloads page and scroll down to the "Using an older computer" section near the bottom and grab a copy), then make sure to re-install the older-style 4.7.3.90 extension from the Safari Extensions Gallery.

This discussion has been closed.