Synch feature isn't available

DrewPric
DrewPric
Community Member

I've been trying to synch my iMac, iPhone, and iPad, but when I log in to the app on my iMac, then go to Preferences, there isn't a Synch option. What's the deal?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS Mohave
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

If you have a subscription (rather than the old-style licence) synching is automatic through 1password.com, so there isn't a synch option in Preferences.

If you have a sub and it's currently not synching, I think we need to know more about your setup. You shouldn't be using the Primary vault any more (it's the old one carried over from a licence), but using a vault called Personal unless you have already added other vaults.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@DrewPric - the only reason you wouldn't see a sync option in 1Password for Mac would be if you're using only a 1password.com account. Did you create one? If so, that will be the reason. As @danco says, syncing occurs automatically between all devices signed into the same account -- which is why there's no need for Dropbox or iCloud or anything else. But you DO need make sure your other devices are all signed into your 1Password account, also. Let us know if you need assistance with that.

This discussion has been closed.