I cannot delete my Personal account. My Primary account is ON ICLOUD.

jo3
jo3
Community Member

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I cannot delete my Personal account. My Primary account is ON ICLOUD.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jo3! I'm sorry for the trouble. What is on iCloud is not an account, it's a standalone vault. In your screenshot, I see two vaults on your Mac, the personal vault that's part of the Joseph Sullivan 1password.com account, and the local (standalone) Primary vault. Which of these were you wanting to delete?

• jo3
    jo3
    Community Member

Yes I started with the iCloud as it connected all my devices. Recently added it for no real reason and it’s confused things :-( would like to remove it but have bee unsuccessful.

• Thanks @jo3. You can delete the “Primary” vault (not the “Personal” vault) by opening 1Password > Preferences > Advanced and unchecking the option to allow creation of vaults outside 1Password.com accounts. :+1:

I would recommend making sure you’re able to log in at https://my.1password.com/ before you do so.

Ben

• jo3
    jo3
    Community Member

All my passwords are in the Primary (original) account very few in the Personal account (which created more recently). When I am on my laptop it tends to default account so doesn't find the password for the account I am trying to access.

• Okay. Let’s move the items in the Primary vault to the Personal vault then.

Move and copy items | 1Password

And then delete the Primary vault. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.