Automatically Creating New Items When Updating

Munseong
Munseong
Community Member

Hi. I'm not sure if this question is already answered but I could not find it through googling. So the problem is, whenever I try to update a password on my school log-in site, it creates an additional item as "passwords" category when I already have it in my "Logins" category. For example, I already have a clean looking "Schoolname" item in the Logins category. But when I update it, it creates an additional "saint.schoolname.ac.blah" item in the Password category automatically, even when I press "update." Don't know what I'm doing wrong :(

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: OS X 10.14
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Munseong! Unfortunately, you're not doing anything wrong; we've currently got a bug that's preventing what should be the correct behavior: newly-generated passwords for an existing item, if re-saved in the Login item, get removed as separate Password items. It's on our list of issues to address, but so far we've not had the developer-time to devote to it. Our apologies for the inconvenience. In the meantime, you can certainly use the "Reused Passwords" feature of Watchtower to find duplicated items like these, and remove them manually.

ref: apple-789

• Munseong
    Munseong
    Community Member

Thank you for your answer @Lars! It's good to know that the issue is being fixed!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Munseong - :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.