Latest Chrome (69.0.3497.100) browser extension can't connect to 1Password7

nedstark
nedstark
Community Member

But the app is there and works fine...I've also removed the extension and then reinstalled. The extension is not added.

The extension was also not added to Chrome on installing 1password on a brand new machine running Mohave.

The lack of a working browser extension is a pain. Any clues?

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6 and 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nedstark - I'm sorry for the trouble! 1Password 7 for Mac does not add an extension to Chrome directly. Until recently (7.2), it did not add an extension to ANY browser, but with Apple's move to Safari App Extensions in the new version 12 of Safari, 1Password 7.2 and later will install the 1Password extension directly into Safari. Other browsers such as Chrome and Firefox, however, are not affected by this change, and, as always, require the user to install the extension manually (which can be done directly from our downloads page).

I notice you listed two different versions of macOS in your post -- is the Chrome difficulty occurring on the macOS 10.12 (“Sierra”) Mac? If so, can you tell me what version of the extension you have installed in Chrome, currently?

• nedstark
    nedstark
    Community Member

I recently upgraded so I can't go back and see which version it was unfortunately. Probably an older one.

I have things working with 10.14 now. I'm embarrassed to say I kept downloading the install program rather than the individual extensions.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nedstark - glad to hear it! That's the important thing. Let us know if you have any other questions or issues. :)

This discussion has been closed.