1Password 7 password extensions not working

amencarini
amencarini
Community Member

I'm using Chrome and Firefox, both latest versions with the latest versions of their extensions. The "Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running" option is enabled.

Now, when I click the 1Password button on the browser, if I have 1Password app open, the focus shifts for a moment to it and then comes back to the browser. If 1Password app is not open, I just get the browser briefly losing focus.

How can I address this?

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: macOS 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• amencarini
    amencarini
    Community Member

After a full restart, it's now fixed. Will report if it stops again.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @amencarini! I'm sorry for the momentary trouble. It's amazing how often a simple restart will alleviate things, isn't it? :) In this case, my suspicion is that Chrome updated itself in the background. When this happens the bundle ID that 1Password uses to verify code signature is different, so 1Password will refuse to connect with what it (plausibly) thinks might be a fake/rogue/imposter process. Restarting both Chrome and 1Password for Mac should do the trick, however. You shouldn't need to restart the entire Mac. But definitely Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then restart.

This discussion has been closed.