Upgraded from Mavericks to Mojave and now 1Password doesn't works!!

mabhz
mabhz
Community Member
edited October 2018 in Mac

Hi all!!
I would sincerely appreciate some support, please!

I have purchased valid and legit licenses for both my iPhones and my Macs a few years ago, and I have been using 1Password hapilly in both plataforms ever since.
Im an old fashion Mac user, so I stayed with Mavericks until now, when i finally upgraded to Mojave.
1Password asked me to update the app (on Mac), which i did, upgrading to version 7.2.1 (build #70201002), yesterday, and from moment ONE i started to have problems.

First, my iMac install wont allow me to log in, refuses the CORRECT password that works perfectly both on my iPhone and my MacBook. How is that possible!!!???

Secondly, my MacBook keeps asking me for the LICENSE, which I have. But when i try to point the license file which is safely saved in a folder on my MacBook, i just wont "read" the file!!!!

So, please, how can i fix both problems!! I DONT have a illegal version of 1Password, i still have all the emails from the perchasse.

Help, please!

Thanks!!

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: no idea
OS Version: Mojave
Sync Type: not sure

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@mabhz Migrating from any previous version requires paying an upgrade fee.
    If you haven't paid for 1Password 7, then you need to decide if you want a standalone license (probably what you have now) or a subscription account. If you want just the macOS license you will need to download the app directly from AgileBits. If you want a subscription account you can use the Apple App Store (individual subs. only) or AgileBits (individual or Family subs.). hth

• mabhz
    mabhz
    Community Member

Thank you very much for your kind reply!

I had no intention of upgrading, I usually don’t like upgrading anything, and you can see that considering that I stayed in iOS 9 and Mavericks until last week. 1Password started asking me to upgrade and I kept doing it until the upgrade took asked me to download a certain version from a link, which I did. At NO MOMENT the tool informed that I would require any payment for upgrade.
    I have absolutely no interest in paying again for a license I already have, and definitely not a monthly subscription for the same license I paid in full.

So, if possible, I would like to know what exactly should I do. Do I need to downgrade to 1Password 4? I have no problem doing that! It serves me well! How can I do that?

Also, can someone please help me with the password on my iMac not recognizing the SAME password all other installs do?? Maybe it’s because I didn’t log into 1Password on my iMac in over an year, and maybe changed the password during that period.

• gcv
    gcv
    Community Member

I read that Apple's Mojave will only support 64-bit applications. A system report on my Mac using High Sierra shows that 1Password 7 is a 32-bit application. If it is true that only 64-bit apps can run in Mojave, AND that 1Password 7 is 32-bit, then 1Password most likely won't work at all.

I just sent Agile Bits a support question asking about this. If the existing app is 32-bit I asked when a 64-bit update will be released.

• @gcv,

1Password 7 for Mac is completely 64-bit, and contains no 32-bit implementation at all. In fact no version of 1Password 6 for Mac even included a 32-bit implementation.

• gcv
    gcv
    Community Member

Thanks Rudy.

Its interesting that Clean My Mac identifies 1Password 7 as being 32-bit.

• @gcv,

if you type this into Terminal.app do you get the same output?

file /Applications/1Password\ 7.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password\ 7

output:

1Password 7.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password 7: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@gcv Here's a screenshot of Mojave 10.14.1 Beta with 1Password 7.2.2 beta-2. Note that it indicates 64-bit. hth

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@mabhz You indicated that you were using 1Password 7.2.1. I said you needed to pay for 1Password 7 if you wanted to use it. If you don't want to upgrade to version 7, then you need to go back to the version you had previously paid for. If that was version 4, you can sucessfully use version 4/5/6 as they were no cost upgrades (thank you, AgileBits). You will need to download 1Password 6 (which works ok in Mojave) from where you originally purchased it--either from the Purchased tab in the Apple App Store or from AgileBits Download page. hth

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gcv: I wouldn't trust CleanMyMac as far as I could throw it. I hope it doesn't try to delete apps it deems "32-bit" as it does 1Password users' data not infrequently. :tongue:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mabhz: Indeed, and you can get old versions of 1Password at the bottom of our downloads page: https://1password.com/downloads/

This discussion has been closed.