personal vault and dropbox vault

roycerepka
roycerepka
Community Member

I don't understand the 2 vaults in Password 7. I want to use dropbox so I can keep everything synced. Is it safe to "exclude from all vaults" the personal vault?

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:personal vault and dropbox vault

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@roycerepka - I'm sorry for the confusion. It appears you've set up a 1password.com account in addition to retaining your previous standalone Primary vault (which is synced via Dropbox). If you have recently created a 1password.com account, you can move your data into the Personal vault and it will sync automatically -- no need for Dropbox. That's one of the advantages of a 1password.com account: no more messing around with advanced, 3rd party sync options. If this sounds good to you, we've got a guide for migrating your existing data, but let us know if you run into any problems. :)

• roycerepka
    roycerepka
    Community Member

Thanks for the clarification. I was fine with Dropbox and thought i HAD to setup a .com account. The migration to 7 wasn’t the easiest for me to understand (obviously). I’ll look at the guide and see how that goes. I hope I don’t lose any changes or new accounts over the last few days since I’ve made the switch.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@roycerepka - you weren't (and aren't) required to set up a 1password.com account, though it is definitely the easiest and most stable way to use 1Password, which is why we continue to recommend it here on this forum. I'd strongly recommend you not continue on for very long with both a standalone vault AND a 1password.com account, because of the danger of putting items in different vaults and the data becoming dissimilar. We'll be here if you need us for anything or have questions.

This discussion has been closed.