How do install my prior version of 1password?

GFellow
GFellow
Community Member

I have used 1password for years. Today, I was attempting to install 1password into an additional user account on my MacBook today. I didn't realize until it was too late that the 1password 7 was installed in the new account and overwrote my existing 1password program on my main account. While I can still sign in to 1password 7 and see all of my data (which is synced via dropbox), I am unable to access and use any of the the passwords and usernames. This is the case not only in the new user account but also my main user account. How do I revert to the prior standalone licensed version I used previously? I am not interested in the subscription plan at this time.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@GFellow - I'm sorry for the trouble! The issue here isn't a subscription-vs-license one, it's that 1Password 7 for Mac is a new, full-version upgrade, and requires a new purchase (whether subscription OR license). The good news for you is that standalone licenses are indeed available for version 7, if you download it from our downloads page instead of the Mac App Store. You can purchase a standalone license that allows you to use it on as many Macs/user accounts as you personally own/use, for the launch-special price of $49.99 (over 23% off the regular price of $64.99). Hope that helps! :)

• GFellow
    GFellow
    Community Member

Is there any way to not upgrade to 1Password 7 and revert to my prior version, which is still currently working fine on my Mac desktop? Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@GFellow - certainly, though as a security company, we can't recommend as any kind of long-term strategy that people continue to use legacy versions of our software which are no longer receiving development attention. However, if you'd like to return to 1Password 6 for Mac, do the following:

1. Quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu)
    2. Delete the 1Password 7 app. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash.
    3. Re-install 1Password 6 for Mac. If you no longer have the installer, you can get another copy from our downloads page, down near the bottom, in the "Using an older computer?" section.
    4. Restart all browsers, and if you use Safari as your main browser, you may need to re-install the 4.7.3.90 extension.

That should take care of it, but let us know if you run into any difficulties.

• GFellow
    GFellow
    Community Member

Thank you for your help. I will likely upgrade, but I wanted to see what the options were.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@GFellow - oh, no worries; that's why we're here! Let us know if you run into any troubles or have additional questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.