2 Factor Authentication Not Working

13»

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2021

@blackxacto

Unfortunately not. The notification preferences are all-or-nothing, rather than per-thread:

You could turn that off though if you want, as we make a general habit of @ mentioning folks when we're replying to them.

Ben

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

Thank you, Ben. I’ll turn it off.

• Very good, @blackxacto. :) :+1:

Ben

• tomarasel0411
    tomarasel0411
    Community Member

Hello,
    Thanks in advance.

Re: [#LWW-54735-743] I’m having trouble signing in to 1Password

• @tomarasel0411

I was able to locate your submission. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

ref: LWW-54735-743

• tomarasel0411
    tomarasel0411
    Community Member

@ag_tommy
    Thank you very much for the reply.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Tommy, you are welcome :+1: :)

• ianmills99
    ianmills99
    Community Member

I am a long time 1password user. I use Authy 2FA with 1password. I know that 2FA was working when I originally set it up many months ago but I haven't had cause to use it recently as the apps on my iPhone and Macbook are always signed in.

Today, I tried to login to 1password on a Windows PC using Google Chrome browser. I have logged into 1password from this PC before but I was prompted for login credentials on this occasion - presumably because I had recently cleared the cache in Google Chrome. I used Authy on my iPhone to generate the 2FA codes. The clock on my Windows PC and on my iPhone were accurate and perfectly in synch (to the second). After numerous failed attempts to login on the Windows PC I managed to resolve the problem as follows...

1. The 1password app on my Macbook was still logged in. I went into my profile in 1password and disabled 2FA.
    2. I deleted 1password from the 2FA accounts listed in the Authy app on my iPhone
    3. On the Macbook I re-enabled 2FA on my account and scanned the QR code using the Authy app on my iPhone .

This resolved the issue. I didn't play around with time settings on my laptop or my iPhone.

Of course, you can only do this if you are logged into 1password on another device!

I hope this is useful to others who have experienced this issue.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing your experience and the steps that worked for you @ianmills99! I am sure other forum members will find this useful :+1:

This discussion has been closed.