What do you do if you have an old license for 1password6 and your Safari extension no longer works?

jacrans
jacrans
Community Member

I have a 1password6 license. My Safari extension disappeared today. I checked for it in Safari preferences and its not there. The new one that 1password prompted me to download is for 1password7. How can I get an extension that will work with 1password6?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:What do you do if you have an old license for 1password6 and your Safari extension no longer works?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jacrans - I hope you don't mind, I deleted your comment in the other thread where you asked this same question. It's better not to ask the same thing in multiple places, as it can be confusing and slows the support times for everyone, including you.

I'm sorry for the trouble! If you're using 1Password 6 for Mac and Safari 12, you'll need to make sure you've got the previous 4.7.3.90 version of our extension. Open Safari > Preferences and check what you have there. If you see 4.7.3.90, make sure it's active. If you see something else related to 1Password, disable it, then visit the Safari Extensions Gallery and download/install a copy of the proper extension for version 6. Hope that helps! :)

• jacrans
    jacrans
    Community Member

Cheers, this worked!

For your feedback, it's really confusing the way the new safari extensions links work. I know thats not your fault, it's Apple's; but I wish there was a more straight forward way of finding this extension than posting to the support board. Thanks again for your help!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jacrans - it's definitely going to be a bumpy patch during the transition to the new Safari App Extensions, with some older and some newer ones, that's for sure. Glad to hear you're back up and running. :)

This discussion has been closed.