Have 1password account but multiple vaults

I like using 1 vault with the 1password x myaccount in browser extension and locally on my mac and pixel on the 1password apps. I read the knowledgebase discussions on how to delete primary vaults in order to make another vault the primary vault but I can not figure out how to do this. Can someone please walk me through this. I used to sync with dropbox but no longer sync as I use 1password X and the main vault gets updated across all devices in real time which has been a huge improvement over syncing. Thank you.

1Password Version: 1password X
Extension Version: 1.11.0
OS Version: OSX 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1password myaccount

Comments

• Hello @tistheseason,

It's great to hear that you're enjoying the faster syncing with 1Password accounts. They're also more secure, too, but it's hard to see that without reading our security page. ๐Ÿ™‚

As for primary vaults, 1Password X does not have this concept. You simply add your accounts and 1Password X unlocks them with the Master Password you provide. If you have multiple accounts, we recommend using the same Master Password for both as it's much simpler and helps avoid the problem of forgetting Master Passwords.

I hope that answers your question. If not, please let me know and I'll be happy to try again. ๐Ÿ™‚

Take care and have a great night,

++dave;

• tistheseason
    tistheseason
    Community Member

Hi Dave, Thanks for your reply. My situation is when it does autofill I have duplicates from multiple vaults with same login or maybe an older one. I know how to pick the main X account to ensure I am using the most updated info and where my new passwords are saved but I can't seem to get rid of the other accounts that clutter things up when autofilling. So to get around this I don't use the extension but open up the local so I can copy/paste the correct pw. Not sure if this makes sense or not...thanks.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tistheseason,

I suspect there's an all important clue that once we discover it we can help but at the moment I'm struggling to understand where the duplicates currently reside. If you have a 1Password account you will have a Persona/Private vault, the one only you can access. If it's a Families account there will be a Shared vault and then potentially any other vaults you've created.

1. Do you have more than one 1Password account connected to either 1Password X?
    2. What vaults do you have as part of your 1Password account?
    3. Can you easily locate the duplicates and do they seem to all be contained in any one particular vault?
  • I wanted to add a bit to what @littlebobbytables said as I think I might know how you got in this state. My guess is you have multiple vaults and have similar items in each of them. If you have vaults with items you don't want to delete (say, and Archive vault), you can hide those items from appearing by customizing your All Vaults setting.

To do this, click the 1Password icon in the top-right-hand corner of the popup, click the gear beside All Vaults, and then disable the slider beside the vaults you don't want to be suggested for filling. I've attached some screenshots below to help illustrate these steps:

I hope that helps. Again, it was a guess on what the root issue was, so please let me know if I missed the mark. ๐Ÿ™‚

Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend. ๐Ÿ‘‹

++dave;

• tistheseason
    tistheseason
    Community Member

Thank you @littlebobbytables and @dteare, I'm think littlebobby might be onto something...dteare I do not know where I am to access the all vaults in your screen shots. I get confused between the mypassword.com account, the 1password chrome extension which I assume is 1password X since my myaccount 1password master pw works on that one and then there is the mac desktop app version of 1password where I login with my desktop app pw which is different then the myaccount 1password pw. In any event, I will answer @littlebobbytables questions and see if this helps:

1 - Do you have more than one 1Password account connected to either 1Password X? I only have one 1Password account. I do not have a family account. But I do have a desktop license app which i use a different pw for.

2 - What vaults do you have as part of your 1Password account? Personal and Personal2 see pic:

3 - Can you easily locate the duplicates and do they seem to all be contained in any one particular vault? I only want to use Personal2 Vault as my default vault and delete the Personal Vault.

Thanks for your help.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tistheseason,

I think what we'll have to do is help you clear the Personal vault, move your items from Personal2 and then delete the Personal2 vault. The reason for this rather than deleting the Personal vault is that one is special for a variety of reasons and I don't think you can delete it.

I have a couple of questions before we start though.

1. Can you see your Personal and Personal2 vaults in the 1Password for Mac application?
    2. The different password for 1Password for Mac most likely means the presence of a standalone Primary vault and is quite possible if you've been using 1Password for a number of years. Do you definitely wish to keep this setup or ideally will we help 1Password for Mac exclusively use your 1Password account data so that 1Password for Mac always matches what you can see in both 1Password X and the web interface?

If a bit of tidying up in 1Password for Mac sounds like a good idea I'd like to quickly glance over a diagnostic report just so that there aren't any gotchas to surprise us that we can otherwise easily avoid. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support@1password.com and when you send it in can you mark it for the attention of littlebobbytables.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ticket ID here it will help us locate your diagnostic report assuming somebody doesn't find it first and let me know.

The good news is we can definitely get things working better for you and it won't take too many steps :smile:

• tistheseason
    tistheseason
    Community Member

Hi @littlebobbytables,

Thanks again for responding to my issue. Here are answers to your question:

1 - Can you see your Personal and Personal2 vaults in the 1Password for Mac application?

YES

2 - The different password for 1Password for Mac most likely means the presence of a standalone Primary vault and is quite possible if you've been using 1Password for a number of years. Do you definitely wish to keep this setup or ideally will we help 1Password for Mac exclusively use your 1Password account data so that 1Password for Mac always matches what you can see in both 1Password X and the web interface?

YES I BELIEVE IT IS A STANDALONE DEFAULT PRIMARY VAULT AS I HAVE BEEN USING 1PASSWORD FOR YEARS. I WOULD IDEALLY LIKE TO JUST HAVE 1 VAULT THAT IS THE SAME ACROSS ALL INTERFACES.

I sent my 1Password diagnostics report to support@1password.com but forgot to put attention to you. My support ID is [#GYE-62357-366]. Another thing I should mention is I used to use Dropbox as the syncing platform but no need to anymore so would like to delete old vaults there as well which I think I can if I'm using the 1Password account right?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @tistheseason,

Thank you for the ticket ID. You are correct that if everything is in a 1Password account then the sync containers in Dropbox are no longer necessary. I'll locate the diagnostic report and we can go from there :smile: You should get a reply from me soon.

This discussion has been closed.