Auto Fill is not Happening from Application, Can i have a solution to this prob. !!

Mehulkd
Mehulkd
Community Member

Auto Fill is not Happening from Application, Can i have a solution to this prob. !!

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.1.2
OS Version: Mac OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Mac
Referrer: forum-search:Auto Fill is not Happening from Application, Can i have a solution to this prob. !!

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Do you mean "auto-fill" or "auto-submit"? Auto-fill means that your username and password get filled in, autosubmit that they are filled in and then the login is completed without any further action on your part. Sorry to be pedantic, but people do often say "autofill" when they mean "autosubmit".

Autofill should be working fine, if it isn't then something is wrong and probably AgileBits staff will have to find out more.

Autosubmit has been removed in recent updates, due to a change by Apple. You will have to get used to pressing Return after autofill. There is a long thread discussing this in much more detail.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Mehulkd! I'm sorry for the trouble. @danco is correct that auto-submit (submitting the Login form after filling) has been removed in Safari 12 by Apple, and will not be returning in any browser. But if you're having trouble getting 1Password to fill your data into Login pages, there are a couple of likely possibilities:

1. 1Password 7 for Mac is not paid for. if you've recently upgraded to version 7, it requires either a 1password.com membership or the purchase of a new license for 1Password 7 for Mac. Without it, you won't be able to add, change or delete any of your data, nor use the browser extension.
    2. You have either 1Password or your browser or both in a location other than your Applications folder. For the first time ever our history, 1Password 7 for Mac is fully sandboxed, meaning both it and any browsers with which 1Password interacts must be located in the main /Applications folder, and not any other location on your hard drive.

If neither of those things is the issue, let us know and we'll continue from there. Hope this helps! :)

• Mehulkd
    Mehulkd
    Community Member

It's even not working on Firefox !!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Mehulkd - are you signed into an active 1password.com account, OR have you installed a license for version 7? If not, or if you see a "Read Only" banner on your items in detail view, then 1Password is not authorized (licensed). If you have done so, then are both Firefox (and Safari) and 1Password installed in your main /Applications folder?

This discussion has been closed.