Why does login screen to unlock vault show facebook's icon?

squash
squash
Community Member

Hello, I am testing 1password on a free trial and I noticed the login page to unlock the vault has facebook's icon (as attached). Is 1Password associated with facebook?

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: OS X 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @squash,

No association with facebook. The save prompt that you're looking at is to save a new login, in this particular case it appears to be a login for your facebook account.

• squash
    squash
    Community Member

@rudy , thanks for your update. That is what I was thinking too, but I was not logging on to facebook when I got this prompt. I actually got this prompt again when trying to log into the forums.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@squash: I've seen that once before but couldn't track down the cause. It seems to be something to do with icons being cached. I'll keep an eye out for it. Sorry for any confusion that caused.

• squash
    squash
    Community Member

@brenty thank you for your reply. I think it might be a cache issue. I think it might be showing the previous site's icon. I am finding that this occurs when the vault is locked and I try to login to a site where the credentials have not been saved.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@squash: Thanks. Indeed, that was my thought as well. I just wasn't able to reproduce it consistently. Definitely something I'll pay closer attention to though, if you think it's the same thing. :)

This discussion has been closed.