Version 7 License Discount And Any Lost 6 Functionality

mopac01
mopac01
Community Member

How long will the $50 single license upgrade be available? I have a single license for version 6 and positively HATE subscription based licensing. I'd move to Dashlane before subscribing.

I also use local sync via wifi to sync with my iPhone 1Password. Will this still work in 7? Are there any 6 features that have been eliminated in 7? How hard will it be to move backward to 6 if I hate 7?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Wifi

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @mopac01! Standalone licensing for 1Password 7 for Mac is baked-in, so it won't be disappearing on you. The $49 "launch special" pricing, though? I wouldn't wait much longer, given that we initially said "a couple of weeks" at the time, and it's been since late May. I don't have any hard information on when we're going to be returning to the regular retail price of $64.99 (and I don't think that decision's even been made), but it certainly could be any time.

WLAN Server is still a part of 1Password 7 for Mac as well, meaning you can still sync with iOS and Android devices, though - just as in version 6 - not other Macs or PCs.

There are definitely changes in 1Password 7 for Mac, and most of them I guess you could argue mean that certain exact things in version 6 no longer exist...because they've changed. But that list is pretty long. You can read all the release notes to date at our updates server. If you decide to switch back, and you're using WLAN server for sync, you'd just need to perform a last sync with version 7 in order to make sure your mobile device has the latest version of your data, then Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) and finally delete version 7.

This discussion has been closed.