Cannot Install Version 7 because 1password mini won't quit

Options
srohde
srohde
Community Member

I'm unable to install Version 7 because I'm unable to quit 1password. Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14
Sync Type: ??
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot Install Version 7 because 1password mini won't quit

Comments

• srohde
    srohde
    Community Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

BTY, I cannot even force quit 1Password mini from the Activity Monitor app.

• rjmontealegre
    rjmontealegre
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue, cannot install, since it ask me to quit iPassword mini, and I have NO idea on how to do it

• siggy
    siggy
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue. Using 1Password 6, wanting to install 7, cannot quit 1Password mini at prompt.

• Starbaby
    Starbaby
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Unless something weird is going on, open 1PW, and use ctlr-option-cmd-Q rather than just cmd-Q to quit 1PW COMPLETELY. (There are variants possible on this, such as press ctrl-option while opening the 1PW menu, and you see that Quit changes to Quit Completely).

• BlueMountains
    BlueMountains
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue for me

• harrismix
    harrismix
    Community Member
    Options

same happened to me, then it eventually installed and now the browser extension does not work and I can only get 1password 7 to be read only mode even though I have a license

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

1PW7 is a paid upgrade, so having a licence for 1PW6 is not enough.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi folks -- sorry for the difficulty. In order to install 1Password 7 for Mac, you will need to fully quit version 6 (as you've discovered). To Quit 1Password and the Mini, type ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu). Then try your upgrade again.

This discussion has been closed.