Passwords not syncing

tobindia
tobindia
Community Member

Password changes that I make on my Mac are syncing to my iPhone but not to my iPad. What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:not syncing

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@tobindia - I'm sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately, without a little more information, it's difficult to say for certain. Can you tell us what specific version of macOS you're using on your Mac and of iOS you're using on your iOS devices, as well as what version(s) of 1Password you have on each device, and also what method of sync you're using? We'll go from there.

• tobindia
    tobindia
    Community Member

Ah. Dummy (me)! I got a new iPad a couple months ago and never set up sync'ing. I guess I assumed it would be the same as my old iPad when I recovered everything. However, when I tried to set up sync'ing (WLAN server), it didn't work. Both my Mac and my iPad are connected to my home wifi, I started up 1Password on my Mac, clicked Window > WLAN server and got the code to be entered when prompted. I then opened 1Password on my iPad, clicked Settings > Sync > Sync with WLAN server > Refresh list. The iPad just showed the window with the "Refresh list" option again. It did not sync my logins with my Mac. What am I (now) doing wrong?

Mac OS 10.13.6. 1Password 5
    iPhone IOS 12.0. 1P 5.0.2. Syncing: WLAN server
    iPad IOS 11.4.1. 1Password 5.0.2. Syncing: none

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@tobindia - we've got a guide for setting up WLAN sync. Please follow those steps, and let us know if you run into any difficulties.

This discussion has been closed.