Even with Admin privs - I'm getting "This vault doesn’t have any permissions to edit."

Options
danshumaker
danshumaker
Community Member

I'm converting my family to the family plan and have migrated my moms and wife's passwords to their private vaults successfully (on their macbookpro and iMac and iphones). However since I'm not at my home computer I guess I can't make my own "Private" vault editable. When I login to https://my.1password.com/vaults/details/XXXX (not real address) and view my Private vault I am not able to rename it or add a picture to it. I assume this is because I also see this message "This vault doesn’t have any permissions to edit." written right underneath it when I try to edit the properties (in the browser).

Why can't I edit it since I'm the family administrator and owner of it?

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Osx 10.14
Sync Type: Family plan

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @danshumaker

The Private vault can't be modified other than to add a custom icon for it, which can be done by clicking on "Edit Details" on that page and then clicking on the icon.

Ben

• danshumaker
    danshumaker
    Community Member
    Options

• danshumaker
    danshumaker
    Community Member
    Options

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@danshumaker: Right. Each person's Private/Personal vault is only ever accessible to them. It can't be shared, so there are no permissions to grant others access to it.

This discussion has been closed.