I am unable to install version 7 of 1Password on neither one of my Mac computers

FredV
FredV
Community Member

I am unable to install version 7 of 1Password on neither one of my Mac computers, a MacBook Air or the iMac. The MacBook Air mini uses the Mohave operating system and the iMac runs Sierra.

I originally thought the installation on the MacBook Air was successful but when I check About1Password, it shows the 1Password version as 1Password
Version 6.8.9 (689000)
Mac App Store

Both of my computers show that version 7 has not been installed.

If I try to re-install the new version 7, the installation stalls during the the “Quit 1Password” step.

I do have the emergency kit info.

Fred

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mohave and Sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Unable to upgrade to version 7 of 1Password on Mac

Comments

• FredV
    FredV
    Community Member

Apparently I should have initially got the application from the App Store since I have been using 1Password for many years. I did get the upgrade from the App Store tonight, and I am now running version 7. Problem resolved.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@FredV - Thanks for the update. That's excellent news! I’d like to be able to say I’m glad I helped you get things squared away, but since you appear to have solved the problem by yourself, I can’t hardly claim any credit for it. :-) But I'm willing to call a win a win whether we had a hand in it or not.

So, congratulations! Keep an eye on things and please let us know if there's anything further we can do to assist you. Otherwise, have a great week, and thanks for being a 1Password user.

This discussion has been closed.